Try Hypnosis Audio For Free!

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hollywood star Shirley Temple dies - facing dying

It's "interesting" that I watched Shirley Temple films in the last couple of days, little knowing that today I come across this news.... She definitely was a great actress from a very early age. I admired her work a lot. At the same time we are all faced with losing people in our lives - most often beloved ones and these are the "hard ones to digest". I can clearly remember the funeral of my step-father's father. He was a great man and I adored him as a child. I was 12 at the time and as he lived in a village his coffin was in the house he lived in. When the ceremony started he was taken from there to the cemetery - with everybody following the cart carrying his coffin. I didn't quite comprehend death at that age but the "mood" of the mourners swept over me as well. As some women were crying loudly, tears started rolling down my face. I can still clearly remember how astonished my mother was: she couldn't understand why I was doing that. (well she doesn't know much about human psychology) Although I was brought up as a religious person and everybody around me was so, they could not live up to their face in such time. This is what made me wonder.... If you believe in afterlife and that Jesus or God or whatever you call the Creator saves you, rewards you and you live happily in heaven, then why all this crying and sometimes hysteria? - I asked myself several times in my life. Do people believe or don't they? Then I realized that mourning has its place in our lives and we do have to express our feeling - if we don't want to get ill ourselves. From this aspect I do admire cultures where people are prepared for dying and the relatives as well. I'm sure people need to know that heaven actually does exist and it is not only a myth. What is your opinion on facing death? Did you like Shirley Temple?

2 comments:

  1. I liked her too. And yes her death did shock me as well. her movies in which she has practically acted in all age groups connected with many of us..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss of a great star. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete