Try Hypnosis Audio For Free!

Friday 14 February 2014

The Importance of routine in your daily exercise

qigong and daily exercise
image credit: me - all rights reserved
When I first heard that I should always do my exercises at the same time I thought to myself: this doesn't make much sense. Isn't the important thing to DO them?

Well, several years passed since then and during this time I took up and quit some type of work - out. This week I started my morning spine exercises again next to my chikong (qigong ) practice as I wanted to do more active stuff - chikong is kind of passive, at least the one I practice but gives me a lot of energy that I have to channel :). I don't have health issues so my body doesn't use that energy up to heal itself, thus I need to find more activities during the day - which is great news to me as I want to become fitter - muscle - wise. I'd like to be able to ride a horse like the girl in this image.

So first thing in the morning I rolled out my yoga mat and started doing those exercises. After I finished I was kind of sweaty and hungry BUT my body told me to continue with my one hour chikong practice! So that's what I did and suddenly it hit me why so many trainers want you to train at the same time. Your body remembers and just "follows suit"! How cool is that?

Our body is way more intelligent than we think it is. We really need to trust it and just give the best direction it should follow.

Have you got a similar story or experience?

4 comments:

  1. I do my body training at the same time most days. Whenever I get off schedule, it seems to go by the wayside.

    Rachel recently wrote A Delicious Valentine's Day Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that happens to me for months that I get regular at yoga.

    Richa



    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't agree more, consistency is key to achieving success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea to create a routine :)

    ReplyDelete